Padungan, Kuching, in the Archdiocese of Kuching.
St Peterís Church HOLY HOUR
Come and join us in the HOLY HOUR at St Peterís Church.
Gethsemane (Mark 14:32-42 )
14:32 They came to a small estate called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, 'Stay here while I pray'.
14:33 Then he took Peter and James and John with him. And a sudden fear came over him, and great distress.
14:34 And he said to them, 'My soul is sorrowful to the point of death. Wait here, and keep awake.'
14:35 And going on a little further he threw himself on the ground and prayed that, if it were possible, this hour might pass him by.
14:36 'Abba (Father)!' he said 'Everything is possible for you. Take this cup away from me. But let it be as you, not I, would have it.'
14:37 He came back and found them sleeping, and he said to Peter, 'Simon, are you asleep? Had you not the strength to keep awake one hour?
14:38 You should be awake, and praying not to be put to the test. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.'
14:39 Again he went away and prayed, saying the same words.
14:40 And once more he came back and found them sleeping, their eyes were so heavy; and they could find no answer for him.
14:41 He came back a third time and said to them, 'You can sleep on now and take your rest. It is all over. The hour has come. Now the Son of Man is to be betrayed into the hands of sinners.
14:42 Get up! Let us go! My betrayer is close at hand already.'
JESUS, UNITE US AS ONE
2. 15/02/08 JESUS, CONSECRATE US IN YOUR TRUTH
3. 21/03/08 (NO HOLY HOUR, GOOD FRIDAY)
4. 18/04/08 GOOD SHEPHERD, LEAD US INTO YOUR LIFE
5. 16/05/08 JESUS, BREAD FROM HAVEN, NOURISH US
6. 20/06/08 JESUS, FILL US WITH YOUR LOVE
7. 18/07/08 JESUS, TEACH US TO MAKE YOUR WORD THE SOURCE OF WISDOM IN OUR LIVES.
8. 15/08/08 (NO HOLY HOUR, FEAST OF ASSUMPTION)
9. 19/09/08 JESUS, BY YOUR HOLY CROSS YOU HAVE REDEEMED THE WORLD
10. 17/10/08 JESUS, INSPIRE US TO BE YOUR TRUE MISSIONARIES
11. 21/11/08 JESUS, REMEMBER OUR DEPARTED LOVED ONES.
12. 19/12/08 JESUS, COME AND BORN ANEW IN OUR HEARTS